Meaning of Allocation of Overheads
When item of overhead can be identified directly with specific department, these are allocated to these departments and thus process of identification of whole items of overhead to specific departments is termed as allocation.
Thus, telephone charge of sales department can be allocated directly to sates department. Similarly, repairs and maintenance of machine can be allocated directly to those department in which machine is installed CAS 3. “Allocation of overhead is assigning a whole item of cost directly to a cost center”.
Difference between Classification and Allocation of Overheads
The object of classification of overheads is to make separate group on the basis of functions of organization, nature of expenses or their behavior. On other hand, the object of allocation is to allot the whole items of cost to cost centers or cost units.
In this way, cost classification is primarily concerned with identifying and grouping of expenses into distinct class or group whereas cost allocation deals with the allotment of whole items of cost to cost centers or cost units.
Related Links –
- What is Departmentalization of Overheads | Control of Overhead
- What is Expenses ? Classification of Direct and Indirect Expenses
- What is Meaning of Incentive Wage Method | Methods of Wage Payment
- What is Meaning of Job Evaluation | Examples of Job Evaluation
- What is Meaning of Overhead | Classification of Overhead
- Process of Classification of Overheads | Basis of Overhead Classification
- What is Overheads | Bases For Allocation of Expenses to Departments
- Meaning of Collection Allocation | Apportionment of Overhead Expenses
- What is Primary Distribution of Overheads | Definition
- What is Re-Apportionment of Service Departments Overheads | Basis of Re-Apportionment
Disclaimer: www.efullform.in does not own this book, PDF Materials Images, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the Images and PDF links already available on the internet. If any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us; email@example.com